The What's New guide lists many new features. The ones that caught my eye were:
- Improved grid support plus support for parallel execution of tasks. I shall be interested to see the degree of WORK library sharing between grid/parallel activity. This has been a weakness in out-of-the-box versions of EG to-date
- Ability to export your output as an xlsx file (for use in Microsoft Excel 2007+)
- For programmers, EG 5.1 offers additional autocomplete information (for data set names and data set column names)
- Sundry enhancements to Query Builder and OLAP Analyser
- Available as a 64-bit version, in addition to a 32-bit version
I hope to get my hands on a copy soon!
*I had understood that EG 5.1 was only available for SAS 9.3, but the EG 5.1 section of the What's New guide explicitly states "You can run SAS Enterprise Guide on either a SAS 9.2 or SAS 9.3 server."